Australian-based “Bang the Table” has come up with 100 ideas to engage your community online.
The booklet addresses ten major themes:
- Why engage your community online
- Planning your online engagement strategy
- Creating compelling content for to support your online engagement campaign
- Promoting your program of online engagement
- Ensuring your online engagement tools and strategies and accessible
- Confronting the issue of anonymity in online feedback and discussions
- Addressing the need for forum moderation to keep online discussion forums safe
- Facilitation of online discussions to inform policy development
- Reporting the outcomes of the engagement process
- Following up with the community after the fact to ensure trust is maintained and the community is willing to be involved the next time around
It can be downloaded from the Bang the Table website.